Maths resources for the week commencing Monday 13th July
Maths resources for the week commencing Monday 6th July
Maths resources for the week commencing Monday 29th June
Maths resources for the week commencing Monday 22nd June
Body Battleships Monday 22nd June
Maths resources for the week commencing Monday 15th June
Maths resources for the week commencing Monday 8th June
Maths summer w/c 1st June
Tuesday 2nd June PE - OAA
Thursday 4th June Drawing Around Objects
Friday 5th June PSHE
Hi Year 5,
We hope you are all well and coping with this sudden change. As some of you will be staying away from school for a while we have put together some activities to keep you busy.
You have all been working amazingly hard in school and it is important you try to maintain the effort over these next couple of weeks. You have been given a text book to put all of your work in. You can then bring that into school when we return.
You might find it difficult at first getting into a routine so why don’t you make your own timetable that is similar to a day at school, with maybe a few house chores thrown in!
Epic!(Free) - https://www.getepic.com - reading books online and short quizzes to check comprehension. Your parents will need to set up an account for you in order to view all the books. When you have an account you will be able to enter the Juniper or Hazel class by using the code :xsu5685
As this is a new reading system there will be some trial and error so please bear with us as we learn this new system to support reading.
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/ - We have set up a user name and password for you to use this site. There are selections of books on here for you to read through. Oak - username: oak202 Password: atgps
We want you to keep up with your fantastic writing! Log on to http://www.pobble365.com/ and choose a writing activity from there. You can use your new book to write down your sentences and stories.
Or use https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html to watch some amazing animations and base your writing about what you have watched. Each animation has a variety of tasks to complete.
Log on to Spelling Frame. We have set you some word lists and tests. Play the fun games, too.
Year 6 Grammar – We have sent home a grammar paper for you to have a go at. Once you have finished check your work by watching the tutorial video. No cheating! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN_KiO3uP50
Spelling frame - https://spellingframe.co.uk/ - Practise spelling patterns and year 5 and 6 statutory words. Spellings have been put on weekly for the foreseeable future. Children should complete the online test and could be tested by parents / guardians offline. Try to see if you can finish at the top of your class leaderboard. We will check at the end of each week.
Look on maths watch- we have set lots of tasks on here. Remember you can also use this website for additional work. Again we will check this regularly so try to keep on top of your tasks.
Keep up with TT Rockstars. We have set up a class battle between the two Year 5 classes! Play games such as ‘Hit the Button’. https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
Use https://play.ttrockstars.com/ to improve the speed of your times tables. How much money can you earn? Your login details are in your home school record book.
Links to maths sites offering free access:
Let’s see what else you can get up to!
Our topic focus this term has been about Earth and Space. Here are a few ideas:
- https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/menu/do/ Get creative by completing an activity from this selection. If you make something take photographs of it or keep it so that you can bring it to school when we return.
- Write a newspaper report about the first lunar landing
- Write a short biography about a famous astronaut
- On a clear night can you locate a constellation in the sky? Make a 3D constellation - https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/t2-t-212-make-your-own-3d-constellation
Here are a few ideas:
- Scratch - https://scratch.mit.edu/parents There is also a scratch app that can be downloaded. Remember to ask if you can download it first!
- Use espresso to complete activities or watch videos. Your student espresso login details have been sent to your parents - https://central.espresso.co.uk/espresso/modules/subject/index.html?subject=862051&grade=ks2&mediatype=activities
Our topic focus this term has been about the Ancient Egyptians. Here are a few ideas:
- https://www.stem.org.uk/resources/elibrary/resource/32084/app-primary-science-mummification-deborah-herridge Can you mummify a tomato? We had a tomato a couple of years ago that was still looking fresh at the end of the school year. Use this link to download a powerpoint guide - https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/mummification-6335093
- https://www.literacyshed.com/the-egyptian-pyramids.html Complete one of the tasks linked to this animation.
- GoNoodle - https://app.gonoodle.com/login - PE and active learning website. This is a free service however you need your own email address is needed to sign up and access the videos. There’s also family GoNoodle - https://family.gonoodle.com/
- Start your day with a live PE lesson from Joe Wicks. The workouts which will start on Monday at 9am and will be held every weekday are called 'PE With Joe' on his YouTube channel The Body CoachTV. Click here to find out more information - https://www.thebodycoach.com/blog/pe-with-joe-1254.html
- Why not build a yoga session into your daily routine - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtKFn2-K_dbB0uljE2gZaInrx0LDjfrHm
Here are a couple of creative ideas for you to have a go at. Remember to keep you work so you can show us at a later date.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v368l7nAltE Create a landscape stained glass window. If you haven’t got any oil the picture will still look cool.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twcFW0RyOO8 This is quite challenging but will look great when complete. Give it a go!
Discovery Education Espresso - You have all been sent a username and password for espresso. This site contains links and videos for all subjects.
Children who were in school on Thursday 19th March have received a seed to grow at home. This is designed to be a project that can be written up in their learning from home book. All seeds are early varieties so that should be ready to harvest in June or July.
For growing guides please click on the above vegetable name.
Please note the onions are seed onions and should not be eaten.
Online Safeguarding for parents
We want everyone to keep safe during this time. Please can you continue to be mindful of your child’s use of the internet, especially of any social media apps and support them safely in keeping in touch digitally with their friends. Please encourage them to think about online safety rules as they learn and lots of these links can be found on our school website.
Links to Online Safeguarding Site:
We hope that you find this information useful and informative. As said above, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or queries through the following email address: email@example.com
We hope that you all stay safe, healthy and happy and we look forward to seeing you all soon.
We hope that you find this information useful and informative. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or queries through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
These will be checked frequently Monday – Friday for the next two weeks but please be patient for a reply as we will get back to you as soon as possible.